Friday, February 10, 2012

Chicken Lovers!

Zesty BBQ Chick Chick!

Inspiring vegetarian....
It has been about 8 months since I cut red meat completely out of my diet. Red meat never really sat well in my stomach and since it takes a few weeks to completely leave your system, I could not imagine making my body work so hard to break it down. All that is really in my diet is poetry, seafood and tons of veggies. My goal is to hopefully one day be a full vegetarian but for now this is a healthy start.
Due to out new healthy living I have to be innovative with dinner since poultry can get a little boring. So I came up with this Zesty BBQ Chicken. (ps. BBQ means the hubby helps you with dinner)



You will need:
Chicken Legs
1 Lemon- Juice and Zest 
1 Orange- Juice and Zest
1 Lime- Juice and Zest
2 Large Garlic Cloves
1 Bunch of Cilantro
1 Half of Onion
Spices such as seasoning salt, Garlic Salt, Chili Flakes.
Large Zip-Block

Put chicken in zip-block.
This you will be working with.


Zest Orange, Lime. Lemon

Spices

Add all zest, lemon-orange-lime juice, spices, Chopped up garlic, chopped up cilantro. A a bit more flavor add bbq sauce or a creamy dressing. Shake up and marinate min 3 hrs max 24 hrs. The longer the better flavor.

Hubby time!  Toss on BBQ and ENJOY!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment