Friday, July 27, 2012

Dirty Gossip!

Hello all!  I have not been on my blog for a long time. I miss all those hauls, hiking videos and my random trips that I filmed for you all to enjoy. I will soon get back to that, a lot has changed in my life, I have recently moved and getting your life back in order is a bit challenging. As you all know I'm a hair stylist and planning on taking a "master colorist" class in santa monica and a creative cutting class in costa mesa. So you will see some new videos from a beach front hotel! Im excited for that. Also I have been blessed with busy days at the salon making people beautiful. And the biggest news of all is that I'm strongly thinking of creating my own online boutique store. 


Ne-ways enough venting.!  Lets get back to business. What better way than starting a new blog post about washing all the dirt off and starting from nice and clean :)   I could not think of anything else to write about other than cleaning those dirty makeup brushes after unpacking all my makeup. So here you go, get your dirty on !!!


Why to keep your makeup brushes clean? 

Pin It
Sometimes you wonder why you get zits in the those random places. Well let me tell you ladies (and some gents) your best friend in the morning your makeup BRUSHES are loaded with all those nasty bacterias, oils and germs floating in the air. I am the first one to say I'm guilty of not washing my brushes once a week like you should. Time is stretched out for everyone of us with work, school, life and everything that comes with it. First thing you do in the morning is to find those brushes scattered on the counter from the morning or night before when you were in a hurry to run out the door. Well we should all make a promise to STOP that cycle today. Here are some easy steps to help you clean your tools and have our face looking better than ever.


  1. Pick a day of the week and stick to it. Sunday is easy for me because its the end of the week and why not start with clean brushes on Monday morning. 
  2. Things you will need.
  • Moisturizing shampoo & Conditioner
  • Clean towel
  • Disinfectant wipes
  •  10 min of your day


This is my TIGI brush set. LOVE!!


** Pull out all your brushes from your holder, start running the water to a very warm feel, its easier to do each brush individual, wet your brush and apply a little shampoo I prefer good shampoo because some of your brushes might be expensive and really good hair quality so if its good enough to use on your hair you better use it on your brushes.


Start rubbing the hair together as soon as you do this you will see all that gross-ness come out of the brush, keep doing this till the water runs clear. Repeat with all brushes, then apply conditioner (I let them sit for 3-5 min, like a little treatment).

Rinse, squeeze all water out and shape the brush with your hand. Set the brush on a clean towel to dry.

 Last but not least don't forget to wipe down and disinfect your pouch, this will keep from contaminating the clean brushes. And please ladies put you brushes back in the holder after use. Don't forget ONCE a week this must be done, your face will thank you.

GoodLuck!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment